Daily Sketches














































































































































































Sammy davis Jr.













Hi All,

Gus and james are exhibiting their selective illustration from their new production. Dont miss it..
Address :
Theatre Yard, Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland TS181JZ, United Kingdom‎ - 01642 606 525
More about Gus click here.


KCS Panicker

I just thought I would share this Caricature with you....
This is my friend. This Painter work I made last night for her B'day. It took me around 30 mins to finish.


Andrew Lloyd Webber ( Composer )




I havn't got any illustration Today as Tina is back after her China trip and I spend most of the time with her talking talking talking....bit lazy for new drawings.. This is my old illustration I made for my friend Artist Anand on his birthday. Hopefully this should appease my friends who love my pen drawings.




I love making Caricatures. Its interesting to find their prominent character/features; It's challenging. This is Michael ( my B in law )
Posted on 20-05-10





Thought what damage I could do with David's face...Here is the result
Posted on 20-05-10

Hi all,
This is the Mascot for 2012 London Olympics. I was watching BBC breakfast this morning and viewers have different opinion about this character. For me it looks OKish.....not very friendly to me..Probably the shininess and color of the material gives bit dull effect.. I am not quite sure about the metallic shade for the cartoony character. They looks more serious in that shade.
What you people think ?
More details can find here
( http://www.london2012.com/mascots )



Posted on 19-05-10

This Art Rage illustration took me around 20 mins to finish. I quite like the brush textures in my work. That gives more feeling to the subject I think...


Posted on 18-05-10


Posted on 17-05-10


Hi friends,

Here is a nice book about illustraton and paintings..Especially for concept artists by James Gurney...Chapters include: tradition, studio setup, preliminary sketches, history & archaeology, people, dinosaurs, creatures, aliens, architecture, vehicles, plein air studies, composition, and careers.


Posted on 16-05-10


Posted on 16-05-10

Posted on 15-05-2010
This illustration made for the latest Art order pin-Up Challenge. This is my final Tieflings.
I started with simple background with limited details but after I decided to add more details to get a different look and a strong visual style.


Posted on 14-05-2010

Posted on 14-05-2010





These are a few of my test drawings for the visual development for a children's book.

Here is the Caricature of Siobhan (Producer/ Lecturer). Lynchpin- the Animation and film company was established in 93 by her and Ian fenton. Check out Lynchpin to see more details.

Today (12-05 ) is Mamies B'day
More about this wonderful character by clicking here ( if you can read Chinese )

David Cameron - David William Donald Cameron
(born 9 October 1966) is a British politician, Leader of the Conservative Party.



Gordon brown has announced his resignation from party leadership. That was the breaking news this morning. I don't know much about UK politics but I do know nation is facing lot of problems these days. Hope we get a smart government in near future...


Madhavikkutty ( Kamala Suraiyya )

Scene from 'Manyathayulla vivaaha bandham' These 2 illustrations I made Today for the upcoming group exhibition in Orthic Creatice centre-Kerala. The idea came from the short stories of late Kamaladas ( Madhavikkutty/ Suraiyya ).

Scene from ' AA Sthree ' ( That Lady )

Hi friends,
I was working on my portfolio and bit of reading this weekend apart from this sketch. This is for upcoming D&D Pin-up Challenge . I havn't decided the races yet. This is a study of Teifling but not very happy about the pose and costumes. I gonna spend bit more time on this. Hopefully I can get it done before 15th .


Today is Mother's day ( 09-05 ) in Taiwan. This Caricature I made Yesterday for my Mother in law. I made it in Art Rage.


It's been a while since I made Caricatures . I thought I will try someone easy to draw. Here is my try. This is Artist T.Kaladharan ,my Guru , mentor since 1992. As you noticed he has lot of prominent features. So its very easy to make his portrait. I joined in Kalapeetom in 1992. The evenings in Kalapeetom with different artist's demonstrations,discussions gives more clear idea about the Art and artist . Every year I try to hold an exhibition/demonstrations for students. I made 5 Painting exhibitions/ Demonstrations so far with them.


This one of the test sketch I made for a Children's magazine last month. Started with pen and colored in painter.



This was a really quick work Hanuman-The Monkey God in Corel painter ; 15 mins I think.
Really just trying to capture his pose.









I have very few friends who is good at 2D animation. She is one of them. I met Paulina when I joined in Teesside university back in 2006. Today I was searching my old drawings , then I found this sketch which I have done years ago. I made some changes and coloured in Painter. Click here to find more about her.


I actually really enjoy drawing regular people ; especially when they move. I think it's a good practice to improve your observational skills and movement of your hands. This is one of the sketch I have done from a restaurant.



This is my new character I finished last weekend. I started with different colour and at the end it turned out more funny than I expected. Sometimes the idea changes while we in the process; especially when you do for time pass .

This is Nunu. a fashion designer student from Milan. She is a family friend of Tina. Very very quite girl. She spend around 5 days with us during the last X'mas . She was totally engaged with her new Camera while we visit York. This is a sketch of her in front of Shambles-York.
I scanned and colored it in Corel Painter,



Here is one quick illustartion in Painter of a teenage boy. Its a kind of silhouette drawing that helps me to make pose and weight very quickly.

Today is my Father in law's birthday. I thought I will make a caricature for him on his special day. Here is the result. Made in corel painter and took me around 1 hour to finish.



Airports are always exciting place to study people. You can see different culture, fashion, characters...so many things are happening all the time.. This guy was looking for some gift at Swarovski shop in HongKong airport.









This coffee shop scene was sketched in Schipol airport (Amsterdam) while I was waiting for my next connection flight to Hong-kong during my last holidays. The sketch was done by ink pen and colored in Corel painter.


Comments

Popular Posts